Advertisements

UNE FAMILLE EN JORDANIE #Family in Jordan

Blog Voyage & Nature en Jordanie...Blog on Jordan...Parce que la beauté du monde est dans l’œil de celui qui regarde!

UNE FAMILLE EN JORDANIE             #Family in Jordan

The word of the month : Ramadan…and tips when travelling in Jordan meanwhile!

Tomorrow, unless some galactic accident (for example, the Moon falling into a spatio-temporal fault), the month of Ramadan will begin. Ramadan is a period of 30 days when Muslims observe a number of specific religious duties. And in a country where 92% of the population is sunni (the remaining 8% Read more…

Advertisements

The word of the month : Amman , its past and its present.

n our section “the word of the month”, let’s keep it easy this month , with a  light panorama of Amman. Having gone through 9000 years of history, the current capital of Jordan has witnessed many civilizations, experienced several phases of decline and growth…


The word of the month: the muezzin

Jean-Leon Gerome, "The Muezzin", 1866. Crédits : Joslyn art museum.

The word of the month is dedicated to the role and the history of the muezzin. An essential figure in daily life in the Middle East, the muezzin is particularly in charge of calling the muslims to the five daily prayers from the minaret…


The word(s) of the month: Keffiyeh, Shemagh…and Mandil !

Here we are, back for the word of the week the month. In order to let you calmly digest the last word of the month (the fabulous story of the hashemites ! ) , today we will focus on the local popular clothing accessories : the shemagh , and its twins the keffiyeh and the mandil !


The word of the month : the Hashemites !

Let’s begin this new category “word of the month” with a quite important word, at least as far as Jordanian are concerned.


Suivez-nous aussi sur Facebook!

 

Powered by WordPress Popup

%d bloggers like this: